We discuss the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett and how Roe vs Wade was a hot topic during the hearing. With so much discussion about “super precedents” we dive into the origins of Roe, the Supreme Court’s rational of their decision, what Roe actually did, and what other Supreme Court justices have said about the decision. Plus, we shed light on the important companion decision to Roe and how the principle of rights having limits and relativity come into play during pregnancy.
Episode Duration: 27 min
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Greetings (00:24)
- Confirmation Hearing for Amy Coney Barrett (00:34)
- What various Supreme Court judges have said about Roe (8:35)
- The origins of Roe vs Wade (9:56)
- What Roe vs Wade does (11:04)
- Doe vs Bolton – The companion decision to Roe (12:35)
- The reasoning behind Roe (14:26)
- Looking back to the framers of the constitution (17:19)
- How Roe is overturned is crucial! (18:48)
- A woman’s rights vs the unborn’s rights (20:51)
- Closing Statements (26:26)
One More Thing…
Thank you so much for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, why not subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast platform? We are now on Amazon Music!
Have an idea for a show? Let us know here.