The hosts answer a listener’s question about ways to respond to the topic of life-threatening pregnancies in conversations; and they address exceptions in cases of rape, incest, life of the mother, and disabilities. This episode proves why you can’t be pro-life and support exceptions.
Episode Duration: 26 min
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Greetings (00:26)
- Listener Tom V asks about ethical ways to respond to life-threatening pregnancies (00:50)
- The analogy to conjoined twins (4:18)
- Babies with disabilities or disease (5:29)
- Can you be pro-life and support exceptions? (6:19)
- A pro-choice lawyer’s law review article reveals the danger of exceptions (8:47)
- The pro-choice side uses difficult situations to justify selling abortions (10:24)
- The soft-sell of eugenics (11:33)
- How to hold the pro-choice side’s feet to the fire on exceptions (14:44)
- Abortions to save tax dollars and the push for genetic testing (17:17)
- How conversations over exceptions portray the unborn conceived in those situations as subhuman (20:16)
- We are not God (23:23)
- Closing Statements (24:25)
One More Thing…
We want to thank you for listening to our podcast! If you haven’t, please subscribe to the show. We are now on 17 different podcast platforms! We also ask that you leave a review of this episode, or the show, on Podchaser – or on your favorite podcasting platform. Your review is an important way for others who are interested in the abortion issue to find our podcast. You are also welcome to leave any thoughts you had about this episode in the comments section below.
Have an idea for a show? Let us know here.