Raise your hand if you are tired of seeing the dishonest coat hanger symbol be flashed about by the pro-choice side.
In the wake of the new Georgia and Alabama abortion laws, the abortion lobby has appealed to the American public by pushing the famous back alley abortion narrative. On cue, pro-choice cheerleaders have joined in with a litany of coat hanger obsessed tweets with the hashtag #neveragain. This assumes that the legal abortions women are getting right now are safe, but we’ll let that fairy tale slide for the moment.
Let’s get one thing straight…
Virtually every study on this subject has concluded that deaths and injuries due to illegal abortion have been wildly exaggerated and that the vast majority of illegal abortions were done by licensed doctors who were simply breaking the law.
Not only are abortion apologists lying when they say that thousands of women used to die every year from back-alley, coat-hanger abortions, but their own research proves it.
Figures released in 1986 by the Alan Guttmacher Institute (the research arm of Planned Parenthood) show that in the 15 years prior to the legalization of abortion, the average number of women dying from illegal abortion in the entire United States was 136 per year and dropping.
So why continue to push a false narrative that is so easy to fact check?
This is part of the abortion lobby’s attempt to push the asinine idea that the pro-life movement is part of some “war on women.” Of course, they are not spouting this because they honestly believe it to be true.
The abortion lobby knows that polls consistently find that women oppose abortion at a higher rate than men, are more opposed to government funding of abortion, are more active in the pro-life movement, and are more likely to favor banning abortion outright. They know that a majority of the people in the pro-life movement are women and, yes, that includes most of its leaders.
They continue to push this rhetoric because they know the media will let them get away with it and because they are confident we will not aggressively respond to it. To put it succinctly, the “war on women” chant is nothing more than a diversionary scam.
What you need to know about the “coat hanger abortion” myth.
What every pro-life person needs to keep in mind about this rhetoric is that it’s just a scam to make it look like we are responsible for the pregnant women they are threatening to kill.
Think about it. Pro-lifers don’t do abortions! If abortion were outlawed and illegal abortionists started springing up, every single one would be someone who is pro-choice. In fact, every single woman who was ever killed or maimed during an abortion – legal or illegal – was killed or maimed by someone who was pro-choice. So when one of these people says, “If abortion is made illegal, women will die,” what they’re actually saying is, “If you stop us from killing babies, we’re going to start killing women.”
Obviously, once abortion is again illegal, the perfect way to eliminate back-alley abortions is for the pro-choice side not to do them. They could also help us pass legislation requiring that:
(a) People who perform illegal abortions are to be prosecuted under the same homicide statutes that apply to any other hired killer.
(b) Anyone who coerces a woman to have an illegal abortion, or helps to arrange an illegal abortion, is to be charged as an accessory to homicide.
Of course, the “choice mafia” is never going to agree to this because they’ve always known that the blood from dirty coat-hangers is on their hands, not ours.
So the next time some feminist, social justice warrior (SJW) shouts about the “war on women,” below is a check list to see how how much they really care about women…
How You Can Tell If A SJW Doesn’t Care About Women:
- They ignore the women who are currently being killed in “safe and legal” abortion clinics. Our website, SafeandLegal.com, lists several hundred of them and we know of several hundred more.
- They refuse to talk about the American women who are being murdered by pro-choice men because these women refuse to submit to abortions. This is a common and very well documented problem that has victimized women for years.
- They foam at the mouth when you bring up studies revealing the suspected link between abortion and breast cancer. (You can read about this in our book, Lime 5.)
- They go into a fit when you ask them what the abortion industry intends to do about the substandard quacks they know are working in their “safe and legal” abortion clinics. Even some abortion industry insiders have admitted that they can only attract the washouts and losers of medicine.
- They tweet about ending the culture of rape and #MeToo but refuse to take a stand against women being raped and sexually assaulted in abortion clinics.
- They stand up against slut shaming women, but have done nothing about the almost universal use by abortion-industry lawyers of the “slut or nut” defense against women who bring malpractice suits against abortionists.
- They refuse to consider stopping over-the-counter sales of emergency contraceptives despite the fact that these drugs are known to cause serious problems in some women.
Chances are, the person you are talking to will fail the test. Despite all their marching and holding up coat hangers, it’s the pro-life movement that actually cares about women.