Police officer demands pregnant girlfriend has abortion now under investigation after her death

A Texas police officer is under investigation after his pregnant girlfriend, whom he insisted get an abortion, was found dead.

According to reports, the dead woman had messages from Austin police officer VonTrey Clark demanding that she have an abortion, because “his life would be ruined and he will lose his family” if she had their baby.

Samantha Dean police murder abortion unborn

29 year-old Samantha Dean, a coordinator for the Kyle Police Department was 7 months pregnant when she was shot to death in February.

Although officer Clark has not been charged with any crime, a search warrant was issued for an investigation of Clark’s home and car.

Authorities carried out the warrant May 12 and located records that indicated that Clark kept his affair with Dean secret due to his relationship with another woman.

Samantha Dean abortion police Austin

The warrants indicate Clark “insisted Dean have an abortion.”

After interviews and statements with Dean’s co-workers at the Kyle Police Department, investigators learned “Dean had communicated to these employees if she turned up dead, Clark would be responsible.

TWC News has more:

      According to the police document, Clark said during an interview with police that he and Dean had a sexual relationship on and off for the last 6 or 7 years, and that “Clark believes he is the father of Dean’s unborn child.”

Samantha Dean unborn

Police said in the affidavit that a search of Dean’s journal and text messages indicate that she had conversations with Clark, where he insisted on an abortion, and that she told co-workers at the Kyle Police Department, include a police sergeant, that if she turned up dead, “Clark would be responsible.”

War on Women UTR

Clark also told police on Feb. 3, the night before Dean’s body was found that he left his house at 9:30. He said he hung out at Palm Elementary school for a little bit before going to the APD substation around 11:45 p.m. Police say they didn’t see Clark on the school’s surveillance footage and Clark didn’t arrive at the police station until after midnight, according to the affidavit.

A preliminary autopsy report performed by an independent medical examiner in Lockhart indicated that Dean was shot three times in the head. It also shows the bullets were small-caliber, but it didn’t give any further indication of the type of weapon used.

The warrant also details a possible conspiracy to kill Dean that involved multiple people, including texts about selection of murder location, KVUE reports.

According to KXAN:

      The warrants allege Clark told investigators “he and Laura Tuten were having problems on the night of Feb. 3, 2015, and he cooked dinner around 8:30 p.m. Clark then left the house at approximately 9:30 p.m. and went to the school across the street from his house, hung out in his car, and walked around the school. He then went to the Austin PD east substation at approximately 11:45 p.m. and read a report for approximately 30 minutes. He then went home and remained at home the rest of the night.”

Surveillance footage of the school shows no sign of Clark, the warrants show. Video from the police substation shows Clark arrived at about 12:11 p.m. on Feb. 4 and stayed there for 30 minutes. In short, Clark’s whereabouts between 8:30 p.m. on Feb. 3 and 12:11 a.m. the next day were unknown, the warrants contend.

Officer Clark remains on restricted duty as the criminal investigation into the Samantha Dean case continues.

Share This


No Comments

No comments yet. Be the first to comment!

Post a comment